Wednesday, December 1, 2010

How to get Driving license in NY | Apply for Driving license in USA

To get DL in NY, USA

You must have a NYS driver license or a valid driver license from another US state or from Canada to drive in NYS. In most cases, you can drive in NYS if you have a valid driver license from another country. See "Drivers From Other Nations".

Age limit: The minimum driving age in NYS is 16.

If you become a resident of NYS, you must get a NYS driver license within 30 days and surrender your out-of-state driver license. Normally, you cannot have a NYS driver license and a driver license from another state, but there are exceptions. It is a violation of Federal law to hold more than one commercial driver license (CDL).

Documents needed:

Proof of Date of Birth

You also must prove your date of birth. Your document must be the original, or a certified photocopy from the issuing agency. DMV will accept ANY ONE of these documents:

Birth certificate issued and certified by a Board of Health or Bureau of Vital Statistics in the U.S., its  territories, or possessions. Foreign birth certificates are not acceptable.

•NYS Photo License/Permit/Non-Driver ID Card

•Military Photo ID Card

•U.S. Passport

•Foreign Passport (with USCIS documentation)

•Immigration Documents

To apply for a learner permit, driver license, or non-driver ID card, you must complete an "Application For Driver License Or ID Card" (MV-44), available at any motor vehicle office, by request from a DMV Call Center, and from the DMV Internet Office. You must present the required proof of name and date of birth, and pay the appropriate fee.

Click here to Apply online

For Assistance you can call