Thursday, January 31, 2013

If not 1040EZ or the 1040A to file 1040

If not 1040EZ or the 1040A to file 1040:

If you cannot use the 1040EZ or the 1040A, you’ll probably need to file using the 1040. The reasons you must use the 1040 include:
Your taxable income is $100,000 or more;
You claim itemized deductions;
You are reporting self-employment income; and        
IRS Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax, provides helpful information about which form is best for you.
Access to IRS forms and instructions or information about e-filing, including IRS Free File, is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Tax products often appear online well before they are available on paper.